Tuesday, September 18, 2007

One book

There was a time if I were asked "what one book would you recommend?" the following would have been that book:

The Gentle Art of Communicating with Kids The Gentle Art of Communicating with Kids
by Suzette Haden Elgin (Jan, 1996)
In Stock

Price: $15.95

45 used & new from $0.97


When I used to do volunteer work for womens sheltered and battered women, I probably bought and gave away over a hundred copies of this book. I even started getting the bulk institutional discount from the publisher.

I really like Elgin's books, I love my children, and I still recommend this book, even if I've been buying copies of The Bottom Line On Integrity to give away these days and am currently reading more Arbringer Institute books.

If you were going to recommend one book, what book would it be?