Saturday, May 17, 2008

Reasons // Social Networks

It’s not the pattern of the Lord to give reasons. We can put reasons to commandments. When we do we’re on our own.
1988 Elder Dallin H. Oaks

There is a lot of sense in looking towards acceptance rather than explanation. In grief, so many explanations others will give you are facile, shallow, self serving and harmful.



I'll also note that a co-worker convinced me to put a profile on Facebook.

Other than family, I'm not friending anyone who isn't my age, but it did get me back in contact with some old friends. Interesting experience. Another one I'm facing with acceptance rather than explanation.

My web site is adrr.com and I'm a part of the JRCLS.

My weightlifting log is at t-nation.

Finally, of course, I group blog at Mormon Matters.

What kinds of social networks do you belong to outside of the bloggernacle?