Saturday, May 31, 2008

Psalm 34

4 I asought the Lord, and he bheard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked unto him, and were alightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The aangel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8 O ataste and see that the Lord is bgood: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.





Click on the hyperlinks for footnotes, e.g.:

4a
Lam. 3: 25.
25 The Lord is agood unto them that bwait for him, to the soul that cseeketh him.
Heb. 11: 6.
6 But without afaith it is impossible to please him: for he that bcometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a crewarder of them that ddiligently eseek him.
Alma 37: 37 (36-37).
37 aCounsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for bgood; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the cmorning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
b
Ps. 4: 1 (1, 3).
1 aHear me when I call, O God of my brighteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in cdistress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.