Thursday, November 15, 2012

Autobiography

My biography makes for bad fiction.

My paternal grandfather, Robert Henry Marsh finished his career as a cultural attaché transitioning from the Austria to the Jordan desk. My maternal grandfather, George Emmanuel Mylonas, was an archeologist.

My father finished his career as a tech sergeant in the USAF. My mother, who dropped out of college to marry him, is currently a widow and between missions. Before his death from advanced Parkinson’s, they served missions in Kenya, Washington, D.C., the Philippines and Korea. The stories about people he knew on my blog are really about him, drawn from his personnel file which someone in the military was gracious enough to let my family have brief access to before it was redacted. I miss him still.

I grew up moving around, mostly in trailer parks. I graduated in applied economics from Cal. State Los Angeles and then from law school at BYU’s law school. I’m married to Winifred Lenora Wallace-Marsh (she goes by “Win”), we’ve been through eight pregnancies, five children, three funerals and have two surviving children. Win is a CRNA and an inspiring speaker.

I began blogging (as in journaling and essays, chronologically arrayed) in 1997. I was a supporter of FARMS when it was a desk in Dr Welch’s office and I was on the founding board of FAIR. I’ve spoken (once) at Sunstone, and a number of times at conferences and conventions that would bore most people, including myself.

You can find me at http://adrr.com/ where you can learn more about me than even I would care to know. I’m also on Facebook. Currently I serve as assistant ward librarian and as a home teacher.

No comments: