Saturday, March 12, 2011

You may be hard core, but we don't put up with lifting weights in pink stripe oxford dress shirts around here ...

About my experience at the gym today ...

Other threads about my lifting at:

  • http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_senior/returning_to_iron
  • http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_senior/the_over_50_lifter

My training this year has been spotty.  Realized I need to just lift to lift, not for any other reasons.

Got out to the rec center after a meeting.  I had a black polo on under my button down dress shirt, but I was in a hurry, so I ended up not taking time to take the dress shirt off.

Leg Press:  405lb/9 reps.  Under my PR, but on the way back. 
Adductor, 165 (machine max) lb/18 reps.
Abductor, 165 (machine max) lb/13 reps.
Triceps cable pull-down, 145 lb/8 reps.  I'm just getting the hang of this exercise.
Pull down machine (like doing pull-ups, but the weight comes to you) 200lb/8 reps
Robe Curl, 180lb/8 reps
One handed wood chop on cable weight machine, 70lb/9 reps
Overhead dumbbell press, 2x35lb dumbbells/9 reps
Dumbbell Row, 75lb/9 reps each side
Back machine, still 245lb (machine max), 12 reps -- do this to work my hamstrings as much as anything (have the foot rest set so my legs aren't locked out).

Good workout, but a guy stopped me to tell me "You may be hard core, but we don't put up with lifting weights in pink stripe oxford dress shirts around here" after I was finished working out.

He figured I was in a hurry, was impressed with the leg work I was doing, the teasing was gentle.

Then yard work, remulched the chickens, dug out and replaced the sand for the sand baths, miscellaneous stuff around the house, the darn spa still isn't running right since the pool was resurfaced.

But I'm hoping to get back into keeping at it again.

But no more oxford dress shirts while I'm lifting.  It just was kind of cold today.

No comments: