Saturday, September 26, 2009

Eating Lunch

Back before my life adjusted, I used to eat lunch just down the street from work once in a while. I'd clean the plate and probably use a cup of sauce to do it with (a sugary red sauce the Chinese restaurant used).

Then, as I began to lose weight and I ate lunch at home every day. That went on for more than three years.

We moved, the house isn't close enough, and I've been eating lunch at work for the past six or so months.

I finally went back to the Chinese place, had asparagus chicken again. This time I skipped the rice, skipped the sauce, didn't finish the asparagus and enjoyed the chicken. It was like an entirely different experience.



For a link to the article I read recently:

How American Health Care Killed My Father - The Atlantic ...


and a commentary on it:

How American Health Care Killed My Father, David Henderson ...



Not my experience. Not my story. But interesting and a comment on the health care reform debate.