Saturday, September 02, 2006

... I need a psych exception to the no weapons in the dorms policy ...

Funny story.

There is a kid, when she was young and feeling scared, her parents gave her a sword to sleep with to make her feel safe. Kind of like a teddy bear, only a bit more useful (though not much, it was a wall hanger) against prowlers and such.

So, she is in the dorm, feeling homesick and wanted to know if they would let her have a sword in her room. The exception would be the psych exception. So she could have a weapon in the dorms.

They kindly told her no, she laughed when she told my daughter and my daughter told me, which I thought was funny.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I guess I should mention that I had a passing interest in swords and sword collecting at one point. Which, I think, is why my daughter thought this story would strike me as amusing as it did the person who told it to her.

Anonymous said...

How about a nice plastic toy sword. That may serve the purpose well enough.

Stephen said...

Or a bokkun (a wood sword) or a jo staff (looks like a hiking staff) ...

Hmm, I'll have to ask my daughter next time she mentions her friend, if they run into each other now that orientation is over.