Friday, June 27, 2008

I need to confess that I'm terribly weak some times

I've rarely spent very long away from my wife. I think that her filling in this week as the camp nurse at girl's camp (they lost the one they had at the very last minute) is the longest. I miss her terribly, even with cell phones. You'd think we were thirteen year-old kids instead of adults.

She also got assigned to a cabin of girls as their advisor. They are about the same age Courtney would have been.

We are also trying something new this fourth of July. We are staying in town for the first time in a very long time.

I look forward to being with friends, but I feel so weak right now. She will be home tomorrow, I'll be stronger then.

2 comments:

adamf said...

While my wife and I were engaged, I spent 4 months studying at a University in Japan. Even with abnormally long daily emails and twice-weekly phone calls (which were expensive!) it was still really hard.

Papa D said...

Stephen, one of the first things I posted on my blog was about this same basic topic. I titled it "Sleep is Over-Rated". If you would like to read it, it is in the "Family" category - or you can check the posts from last September.

It still is one of my favorite posts.