Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Slitherbum

Ok, that is what my six year old called it.

We went to Schlitterbahn Waterpark Resort - New Braunfels, Texas.

On a rainy day it was perfect, and the spray-on sunscreen worked like a charm. Home of the best rated water ride in the nation (Masterblaster -- the wait is usually over two hours), there were top of the line rides that had waits of less than ten minutes (from the time you started the ride to climbing all the way to the top of the stairs and getting in the ride again -- e.g. the Black Knight which shares the stairs with Masterblaster). My favorite was http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/attractions-torrent.asp which was fun with or without a tube.



If you are a guy and are trying to communicate with someone, I'd recommend two books:




We only part to meet again
Though mighty boundless waves may sever
Remembrance oft shall bring thee near
And I will with thee go forever
And oft at midnights silent hour
When brilliant planets shall guide the ocean
Thy name shall rise to heaven's highest star
And mingle with my soul's devotion

A bit of arabic poetry, translated and attributed to Edgar Allen Poe as a literary trope.

Still, in memory of Robin Elizabeth Marsh, July 6, 1997 to August 31, 1997. I miss her still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My cousin was born on July 6 as well. She told me recently how her friend from Lansing, Michigan has never forgotten her Birthday in all the years since she moved back to Omaha, Nebraska. I think she has lived here 15 years. I think our loved ones who have gone before us also feel good when we remember them on their Birthdays.