Saturday, February 11, 2006

"But Daddy, it is in this book!" .....................................................

Ok, Heather was sick as a dog, and not eating (that kind of sick) so we put her back in bed and took Rachel to the movies.

On the way home, Rachel starts giving us the most unusual natural history lesson I've ever heard and tells me I'm wrong when I disagree with her.

Finally I can hear her voice in a pout and she says in exasperation: "But Daddy, it is in this book. Right here. Look!"

You guessed it, Rachel had a book of Gary Larsen Far Side comics which she had been reading. We had a little talk about humor, fiction and reality right then.

But until I saw which book it was, I was really starting to wonder about what they are teaching her in school...

1 comment:

Eric Nielson said...

Very funny!