Friday, February 22, 2008

Breadmaking video -- five minutes to making artisan bread

The video shows you how to make bread with about five minutes work.

http://www.startribune.com/video/11967361.html

Quoting Suzette Haden Elgin:
A while back [see http://ozarque.livejournal.com/487560.html ], I posted a recommendation for a book on a way to make bread that I agree with its authors is revolutionary, and reported that I'd tried it and couldn't praise it enough. Since then, I've told you that my husband has been making it, which is yet another revolution. [In the sense that until this method came along, baking our bread had always been my job.]

Now, thanks to Wib Smith and CJ Stone, I can tell you that there's a video available with the authors of the book doing the breadmaking, at http://www.startribune.com/video/11967361.html .
I bought the book, my daughter took it back to college with her after visiting on President's Day (I also gave her one of my silicone bread baking pans to go with the book).

Recommended.


Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois (Hardcover - Nov 13, 2007)
Buy new: $27.95 $18.45 27 Used & new from $16.44

2 comments:

annegb said...

I had this book! I checked it out from the library and I went and bought a bread stone (I think it's better on a cookie sheet, frankly). I've made so much bread you wouldn't believe it, it's so easy!

I like the texture of "real" bread better, but this is so quick and easy and you can have hot bread with every meal.

We are so soulmates, Stephen.

Stephen said...

This post is probably the most intensely LDS cultural post I've done -- this is such an amazing breakthrough for people who really love bread ;)

I'm glad you got the book and have used it. My daughter has my copy right now.