Saturday, November 03, 2007

Telling my mistress about my wife

Because they are the same person, it makes it easier in some ways. But there are times I just need to talk with someone about my wife. So I talk to her, not as my wife, but as my best friend or my mistress or a confidant.

Everyone has something important they need to talk about and that they find it hard to find the right audience for, where most people just wouldn't understand.

With me it is just how happy and meaningful my wife makes my life. How much she really means to me. But it feels awkward to talk to her about it, so I talk about her with someone who just happens to be the same person as she is. That lets me open up and express myself in ways that are more verbose than just telling my wife that she is wonderful.

I don't know if it makes sense, but it works.

1 comment:

Jamie Trwth said...

I have a mistress also. It is my Dirty Little Secret. And like you she is also my wife.

Good on ya, Ethesis!