Saturday, November 03, 2007

Not what I was planning, getting hit by a car.

I was driving down Custer when someone came across five lanes of traffic and a median to hit me in the side of my care. They just did not see me. It wasn't that bad, just a moderate to low velocity collision -- my car can't be driven but the side airbags did not go off. When I was younger I'd have shaken it off, instead it left me shaken up and sore.

I went to a massage therapist. I'll follow it up with a hot bath and soak tonight. I think other than being pretty shaken up, a little bruised and embarrassed by the rental car (all they had available was a Cadillac, a black Cadillac, so the insurance company approved it, but did they think about how old it would make me feel to be driving a brand new super boat of the road?), I'm ok. Driving a car bigger than my wife's Tahoe, but ok.

[edit] Sunday, a little sore, but I hope to be back to normal in a couple more days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Glad you're ok. Sounds like you were lucky it was a big car? But maybe not if the airbags didn't deploy.

Unknown said...

not fun! I'm glad nothing was broken. Hope that you get back to feeling better soon.

Stephen said...

I was in a volvo, hit by a full sized lumina. Broke an axle and a wheel on my car, messed up his bumper, broke a fair amount of my glass.

I'm pretty much back to normal now. For which I am grateful.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your accident! Five lanes of traffic!!!

Independence exhibited by your mom is what keeps a person going strong. I do think it is important to be able to take help when needed.

I appreciated the quote by President Hinckley.