Thursday, October 05, 2006

Forgive me

“Forgive me for whatever things I have done or failed to do that caused
you such anger and anguish of spirit.
Forgive me for the months and years and feeling your hostility and
knowing that in some way you were responding to me, convinced that I
trigger these negative feelings in you.
Forgive me for not having asked forgiveness before.
Forgive me for not being able to sit with you and ask about your pain.
Yes, I know that there are two sides to every question, but _my side is
not important right now_.”


That is an excerpt from a great post at http://www.timesandseasons.org/?p=3480 about advice a parent received from Pastor Chip Murray.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Neat essay at:

http://photoncourier.blogspot.com/archives/2004_11_01_photoncourier_archive.html#109987771486855810

Anonymous said...

What a meek, humble, heart-felt apology! I had somebody in a leadership position apologize once for taking my disorder lightly. I remind myself that we do not always get an apology in life and that it means a lot to me that I did in that instance receive one. There is a lot of emphasis of the need to forgive. It is also good to see someone who sincerely apologizes.

I took a class where I learned something that is helpful. When you are offended, put a time and date on the action to remind yourself that happened then and that people can and do change.