Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Back from conference

Gas was $2.02 in Childress, Texas, much more expensive in Utah. Our general conference tickets were the casualty of a mistake by the guy in our stake who is responsible for them (but, in his defense, this is the first time he's messed up in years) so I drove to Utah and watched it on TV.

We got to see Heather, which was more than worth the trip. Rachel got to see Mesa Verde on the way back. We then drove straight through home, and I'm going to sleep. It is 6:30 a.m. and I could use a nap. ;)

BTW http://www.parkcityhelitours.com/ is run by some of the neatest people we know (the wife is teaching ethics in the BYU nursing program and the husband used to be an elite skier, now flies helicopter). Better than a visit to Six Flags.

I'll have a real blog post later. I am so glad to be home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conference was wonderful. It seemed that each session had a talk that addressed my particular concern/question that I had this time around. I loved it.

Sorry that you made the trip and still had to watch it on TV. Glad you got to see Heather. I bet your house feels really empty without her.

Eric Nielson said...

Welcome back.

Stephen said...

Thank you both for your kind comments.

It felt very incomplete to drive off without her.