Saturday, September 10, 2005

Just something light and happy for today. We had some friends over for dinner, and after dinner, when it was time for dessert, I asked our five year old to bring the ice cream from the refrigerator to me.

She opened the door, looked in and said "mm, mmm, mm. my day has come." I'd never heard her use that phrase before and she was just so delighted. It was a great moment (especially, since when I asked her about it she said "well daddy, I meant my moment had come, not my day had come."

It was like a beam of light breaking out of the sky to watch her be so happy, for us and our guests.

Labor Day weekend was great. Alison came down with Frank and her kids and spent the night and then Monday the Prince family came over. All we needed was the Greens to make it perfect (or at least a perfect Wichita Falls reunion).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I love it when kids say stuff like that.

Lisa M. said...

I love days like that. When the world is rosey, and the colours are grand.

Sarebear said...

I love it when kids come up with memorable "moment" phrases. The kind of thing you remember forever, or at least for a good long time.

The kind of things that really let you see the world through the eyes of a child, and what a marvelous place it is indeed, through their eyes.