Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Remembering the love of God

It is important to seek God's view of ourselves from time to time.  For me, it often brings to mind places I need to improve, changes I need to make.

But very often, for those who have self loathing and self hatred, it brings them to repentance, to an acceptance that if God loves them, then perhaps they can love themselves.  I have been struck at times by just how much God approves of some people -- and it has caused me to revise my thoughts of being critical of them.  If God approves, who am I to be critical?  For those who are self-critical, they often need to ask themselves the same question.

Just thinking of that as I read: The Cure for Self-Hatred


Also just read a very moving post: Pillars of My Faith


Both posts are worth reading.

No comments: