Friday, May 27, 2011

When my mom was called as bishop

Well, actually it turned out they wanted to call my dad, but they asked her permission (and did not even ask him).  She said yes, and when he got back in town from his assignment (he was on the district counsel) he was informed he had been called, and sustained in his absence.

They left him on the district counsel so that they could have someone in both callings present for the reorganization.

My dad was bemused (he never was asked, btw, they had his wife's permission and that was enough), and my mom was just interviewed about it (and other things) yesterday by the Church History department.

1 comment:

Papa D said...

Hilarious story, Stephen. I'm sure my reaction would have been much like your father's apparently was:

"Yes, dear."