Sunday, September 07, 2008

Starting Young

Quoting again:

The lesson I want to instill is, "Show gratitude and loyalty to the people who have helped you".
...
Learning to be a good person starts young.

...
This teaches commitment and discipline. Children feel more secure with a routine. They will also learn to plan around existing commitments
.
I have to admit, nothing makes me more happy than to see my daughters doing good things or showing that they have gotten a message about loyalty or helping others.

Also worth reading:

How Badly Do You Want an Ethical Society?

2 comments:

Papa D said...

"I have to admit, nothing makes me more happy than to see my daughters doing good things or showing that they have gotten a message about loyalty or helping others."

Amen, Stephen.

It's too long to paste here, but I wrote about this on my own blog:

http://thingsofmysoul.blogspot.com/
2007/12/my-christmas-wish.html

Stephen said...

http://thingsofmysoul.blogspot.com/
2007/12/my-christmas-wish.html

That's a good one.