Sunday, December 23, 2007

Some interesting links // a story

Suggest some interesting links in the comments.




My mother-in-law tells the story of when she gave a class on candy making. One of the sisters asked her for private lessons, so she went to the sister's house and they made candy together, very successfully.

At church the sister cornered her to tell her that the recipe did not work well.

"Did you use two cups of sugar?"

"No, I wanted fewer calories, so I used only one."

"Did you use a half cup of condensed milk?"

"No, I used skim milk instead, it is better for your health."

"Gee, no wonder the candy was bad, you did something, but it wasn't my recipe."

She told me that the incident taught her that when following the gospel we need to follow the recipe before we start complaining. Too often in life we change the recipe and then wonder why the results are not what we expected.

1 comment:

Bradley Ross said...

That's a great story. I'll have to try to remember it.