Thursday, February 10, 2005

December 26 is when Courtney died. Then Jessica's death date is January 26 (also our wedding anniversary for Win and I). Jessica was born February 12 and Courtney was born February 16. That string of memories always makes this time of year so difficult.

We love our baby, but as she goes through various ages and stages she stirs up so many memories in her path, so many feelings. I know that when she is finally nine or so she will be past it all, and then it will only be the ghosts we feel with her older sister as she has experienced all the things her sisters missed.

As for Robin, I know her dates are July 6 and August 31, but somehow it is always the 4th of July and Labor Day that resonate.

Memories are always with us.

On a completely different note, I put in referrer logs. I know they aren't working right, since in the past five days I've referred 29 people to Sleepless in Portland and 89 to Celibate in the City. That's 118 outgoing to just two sites. For the same time period my referrer logs show only about 30-something incoming visitors. I know that I didn't have almost a hundred people who set my blog as their start page ... but I figure the software will eventually sort itself out.

6 comments:

Stephen said...

Speaking of memories, I've been wondering what happened to Richard Otieno who joined the LDS Church in the mid 1970s in Niagara Falls.

If anyone has knowledge of him, leave me a post. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Did you lose two children, then, I'm lost in context here.

I also lost two children. I know from dates. I am so sorry.

annegb

Stephen said...

If you go to http://adrr.com/living/ you will read the stories of the three children we buried. It is just that two of them overlapped so much and at this time of the year, that they overshadow many things.

Robin was born July 5 and died August 31 and tends to come to memory sharply on the 4th of July, but Jessica and Courtney are with us now.

Kaimi said...

I know this is a hard time of year for you, I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope that you can feel peace through the Spirit.

Stephen said...

Kaimi,

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Kim Siever said...

Stephen, my heart goes out to you. I'm not sure if you saw the post I wrote in January on Our Thoughts (it's gone now). It was about the little boy we lost who would have been baptised this past December had he still been with us. Anyhow, it had the same sort of vein as your post.

It was very hard for us to pull through that loss. I can only imagine what you must go through having lost three.