Sunday, October 17, 2004

I really enjoy the human drama at http://celibateinthecity.blogspot.com/ -- the author, a nameless celibate PhD student at what I hope is a top tier program, writes with immediacy and passion about her life. She has hardships I can only guess at, her life surely seems harder, all in all, than mine, though I was celibate (in the sense she means it) until I was married at age 29.

Reading her blog makes me love my children and my wife all the more. I'll try not to let this theme dominate my blog, but I love my wife with all my heart, in many real ways, she is my life, and our children too.

1 comment:

Clark Goble said...

Being single in the church certainly can be hard. I didn't marry until 36 and I still recall all the stress and various personal failings it ended up engendering.